poems


False Hope
The moon beams in the sky Tell me that it has been to where you are.
 The wind whispers your name to me.
The autumn leaves roll and announce your arrival.
Yet I’m not convinced
That you will come Once again to soothe my tormented soul;
 To kiss away the cascade of tears that roll down.





 A missed Beat.

 The khol on my eyes won't smudge.
 The pleats of my sari won't be out of place.
My bangles will make the clinking noise that you so admire.
 Even the bindi on my forehead will shine in the sun.
 Only my heart will but miss one beat Because you are not there.
 It wont matter to the world No it won't.
Nothing is indispensable
 At least not anymore
But my heart will miss a beat thinking of the space that was once yours!




 Illusion
 Day emerges out of night
Night out of day
Summer wades into monsoon
Autumn departs as harvest announces its arrival.
The dry leaves swished away by the wind
White reeds swayed in the breeze.
 Anxious eyes search the horizon
A dot here, a circle there Is it your shadow?
Or just a figment of my imagination?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perek, a collection of short stories

Unending love of a bygone era:Jackie Kabir is delighted after a reread of Nohonnote, a classic of Bengali literature by author Maitreyi Devi